Holland Estate Management Board
The Holland estate, which is located in Spitalfields close to the border of the City of London, transferred to EastendHomes in October 2006.
Following transfer, extensive regeneration and refurbishment work has taken place around the Denning Point complex. This includes additional social rent flats, a new community centre and a new EastendHomes Head Office. More recently comprehensive refurbishment works have been completed to Herbert House and Jacobson House.
The current office bearers for the Holland Estate Management Board are:
Chair - Kabir Ahmed
Vice Chair - Max Reeves
Secretary – Yolanda De Los Bueis
The Estate Management Board features representatives from different blocks within the estate. The current board consists of 5 leaseholders and 6 tenants.
The Holland Estate Management Board aims to meet every four-six weeks. The group meets at 5.00pm on a Wednesday at the EEH Head Office which is based within the estate.
Meetings are scheduled for the following dates:
- Wednesday 13 September 2023
- Wednesday 25 October 2023
- Wednesday 29 November 2023
- Wednesday 17 January 2024
- Wednesday 28 February 2024
The current priorities for the Holland EMB are to ensure the completion of regeneration / refurbishment works to:
Barnett, Bernard, Brune, Carter Houses
- Installation of external security and perimeter fencing
- Installation of enabling works (for lifts)
- Installation of lifts and environmental works.
Negotiations of refurbishment works, installation of external security and perimeter fencing. Discussions have taken place between the EMB/EEH and a joint exercise is being undertaken (led by the EMB) on looking at possible infill to fund further additional works such as environmental improvements and lifts.
- initial design concepts for infill buildings
- integration into overall site
- breakdown on possible numbers of different sized residences, and total numbers potentially achievable
- Other priorities:
- Dealing with anti-social behaviour concerns.
- Continue working with EEH and the Council to deal with concerns about the increase in drug dealing around roads outside of the estate by non residents.
- Work with EEH to deal with problems caused by airbnb/HMO type properties.
- Making the estate much greener, friendlier and safer for residents
For more information on the activities of the EMB and how you could contribute please contact the Holland Housing Officer.
6th December 2016 [pdf] 2MB (with reports)
Following a request from the Holland EMB, minutes from the Holland Regeneration sub-group are now available online. Please click the links below to read.