Anti-Social Behaviour

Tackling crime & Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB)

We believe that residents have the right to live peacefully in their homes, without the fear of anti-social behaviour. We recognise that tackling anti-social behaviour is a high priority for our residents. We are committed to to taking action against those who engage in anti-social behaviour.

To take action in an ASB case we must gather evidence. The best type of evidence is eyewitness reports from the person experiencing or witnessing anti-social behaviour. To gather this evidence we ask residents to fill in a diaryrecord of all incidents.

What is anti-social behaviour?
We believe anti-social behaviour is any behaviour that unreasonably interferes with other peoples' rights to the use and enjoyment of their home and community.
This includes:

  • noise nuisance
  • verbal abuse
  • intimidating gatherings of young people in public places
  • damage to property (including graffiti and vandalism)
  • harassment (including racist and homophobic incidents
  • alcohol and solvent abuse
  • nuisance from vehicles (including parking and abandoned cars)
  • rubbish dumping and misuse of communal areas
  • intimidation

How do I report Anti-Social Behaviour?

We have provided a number of ways to report ASB to make it as easy as possible. You can contact your Housing Centre in person, by telephone, fax or letter. Your Housing Officer will take details of the problem and will be responsible for undertaking all further enquiries. You can also report ASB by email:

  • If it is not an emergency, contact the Police on 101.
  • Contacting your local Police Station. If you witness a criminal act or if you are in danger you should ring 999. We will work with the Police to bring criminals to justice through the courts.